Hi everybody! Somebody VERY influential in the health and fitness space must have subscribed to this blog recently, because I suddenly have a lot of new readers! Thank you very much, all of you.
I feel obliged to tell you the following things about what’s going on with me right now:
- I am not exercising unless you count walking to the kitchen to put the kettle on. (British. Need cups of tea.)
- I am eating whatever the heck I want. The other night I had fish and chips for dinner (British, heh). I eat KitKats and other chocolate whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it’s cheese on toast for lunch. This morning I had sugar in my coffee.
Of course I have gained some weight, I can tell I’m a bit thicker around the middle. I can’t say exactly how much weight, because I’m not getting on the scales right now.
The fact is, I’m riddled with anxiety. I have taken on a gigantic work project (this often happens in the summer) and it is now overdue, which is making my hair stand on end. Here is my daily routine.
- Wake up early, typically around 6am.
- Go to my desk. Work for 16 hours straight.
- 10pm, take a sleeping pill to make my brain shut the f* up, go to sleep.
I’m afraid it’s going to be like this for a few more days and perhaps a couple of weeks. In a sense, this is what I was training for. I have health phases so that I can physically withstand the work phases.
I’ll be back as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.